Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Busy, Busy

There always seems to be something doesn't there. I made several statements in May/June basically saying that "things are going to slow down now". HA! I should know better than that! I mean, I've made comments like that before and it never really comes true.
What have we been up to the last couple of weeks? Well, we haven't been home much....that's for sure! The Boy Scouts had a booth at the Volksfest (much like a large fair) where we sold hot dogs and corn dogs as a fundraiser. In the week leading up to the event, we spent the days out at the site building the barn and silo facade that we use, setting up the tent and all the appliances/tables, etc. Then we spent many hours over the course of the three days (approx. 20 hours for each of us) of the fest working the booth. Then we were up early Monday morning tearing it all down. Whew! A lot of work, but well worth it. The boys earned $3600! Excellent fundraiser and, truly, it was a lot of fun!

We fit in a quick trip to a medieval market and Legoland somewhere in there, Bryan and I did our OA ordeal (more on that another post), and now we are in the midst of many days of preparation for Day Camp which starts tomorrow. I am the program director so I have been 'employing' my family in assisting in the preparations.

Maybe, after camp is done, things will slow down. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes!
Here is a pic of the barn!

No comments: