Monday, July 14, 2008

Finger status

I thought I'd give an update on my little finger since several have asked about it. It's crooked but getting more functional every day. I have months of therapy ahead of me....we are talking progress in millimeters as far as range of motion....but we are coming along! The most amazing part is the fact that I have had no pain. Not even from the very beginning. PTL for the little things! So the whole process has been a bit crazy. I've got one brace that extends my finger and then another one that I'm supposed to use for flexion. Somewhat contradictory! My OT asked me if I would be willing to do one more surgery and I said no....unless it is outpatient and that's not going to happen with the European system. It's amazing to me that I have spent a total of nine days in the hospital all for two inches of my body!


Anyway, I'm thankful that, for the most part, I have a gotten along pretty well. I thank you for your prayers!

Here is one of the only pictures I have of me with my brace on. Too bad you can't see the whole thing! It was quite the item!
The windblown look on Omaha Beach!

No comments: