Tuesday, April 30, 2013

When Two Roads Converge

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” ~Robert Frost

If you’ve known me for more than a hot minute, you know that I tend to choose the less traveled road. I enjoy trying new things, taking on a challenge, going to new and unusual places. If I travel, I want to go the opposite direction of the tourists. I want to be ME. Not what, or who, someone else thinks I ought to be. Conformity is not my thing. The great thing I’ve found is that, no matter the path I’ve chosen, someone else has chosen a path that converges with mine at some point along the way.

WOW! I love the people who I meet. Sometimes we are able to travel together for a long while. At other times we share the path for only a few steps before we continue on our respective ways. No matter the distance, every individual has left a mark of their own on MY path. From time to time I pause and look back down the path to see how far I have come and, it is then, I see their mark and remember. Remember the impact they have had.

Looking forward I know that there are many who will cross ways with me. There will be new people and I will discover the impact they will have on my path. I will be blessed to cross ways, once again, with those I have traveled with in the past. I look forward to what is in store.

I know that there are those who will not travel with me again; those taken far too early from this world. For them I will carry a token of what they have left behind and continue forward; taking the road less traveled.

woods_path

photo credited to Vortech on Flickr

No comments: