Friday, July 11, 2008

It's the Small Things....

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Carlos Casteneda

Coming to the downside of what a good friend refers to as the "really long business trip" or RLBT (good acronym for you in the nature of our lifestyle!), I have come to realize that it is far to easy to fall into the miserable category. Some days (weeks and/or months) don't quite go the way we had planned. This is true for the last six months of my life. Decidedly, I have been in a bit of a funk. Thankfully I am seeing the sun again....I am done being glum and want to be fun! After all, my better half will be home again by the holidays! And, although I fell into the miserable category for FAR too long, I think I have succeeded in making myself stronger in the end. Everyone around me may have a much different perspective---HA!

So, it's through all of these challenges that we must decide which path to follow. Misery or strength....bitterness or peace. I've decided on the latter for both counts. And it's the small things in life that make it easy to do so. It's only a matter of recognizing the small things. Like typing this with purple stained fingers from picking blueberries in the woods behind our house this afternoon......it's the small things that make us smile:)

No comments: